Sunday, October 23, 2005

Comments
Justin
Thanks for the information on the various salaries of both professional athletes and the business world. It is also interesting to see the urban statistics. The urban population is increasing each year and that affects not only prices of living in cities, but affects who lives in cities. I also liked your thoughts on the Jewish topic brought up at the lunch.
Mike
Branded sounds amazing. I will definately check that out and tell all of my friends who are parents. Such good and hard stuff to think about. I just think it is so sick and twisted for big companies to use child psychology to create little kid consumers. Children's emotional well-being should not rest on the purchase of a "cool" item. How very sad it is.
Michael
I liked your ideas on the fallacies of the scenerio you brought up. That even though we may not be able to change larger systems that we (our wiki) can challenge Christians to think of themselves not primarily as Americans (with an entitlement myth attached to that, in my opinion) but as followers of Jesus first, which will help us as we deal with the injustice of purchasing things that are cheaper for our benefit but that does not benefit people in other parts of the world.
Paul
I really thought beginning with the situation Lincoln found himself in was helpful for me. I also agree that both urban projects and "reservations" for native americans were two really bad ideas, as I am seeing welfare probably is as well. WE as the church need to step up and not just expect a big government to do it. However, I still think the government needs to consider both the rich and the poor, despite the fact that the government, for the most part, is made up of rich, white men (although that is changing).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home