Sunday, October 30, 2005

Comments from Paul to Erin:
In reading your analysis, I wanted to make a comment concerning the quotation from Amos. Israel was a theocracy. Israel means, "he will rule as God." I don't really have any other comments other than if we were a theocracy, that would mean everyone should look to the government for all their needs, as "Everyone" in the time of Amos looked to "Israel" for all their needs, since, "Israel will rule as God." I love reading your analysis. You and I looked up the same type of articles with the top 1% controlling almost all the wealth in this nation.

1 Comments:

Blogger ErinW said...

Actually I was quoted CLUE who quoted AMOS. However, Jesus "misquotes" the O.T. all the time as does Paul for their own specific uses. I agree that we are not (nor should not be on this earth) a theocracy... Calvin tried it with Geneva to bad results. However, I do think that Amos' words can speak to all cultures and people who downtrod the poor for their own gain.

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home