Monday, November 28, 2005

Comments from Paul:
Mike: I completely agree with the statement that we don't have to "fit" into categories as the church. To help people see God's perspective is the same thought that I had about, reconciling God and man. I hadn't thought about the church as an alternative culture, which it absolutely should be. I viewed Storey's interpretation of globalization as something which is not necessarily Americanized, because this would mean that people from other cultures are mindlessly adapting American culture, forgetting their own cultural identity. He made the statement, "Commodities do not destroy culture." I interpreted this to mean that culture may be preserved in the midst of globalization. Anyway, I always enjoy your analysis, because you directly link it to the church, which I find fascinating, thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home