Monday, November 28, 2005

Comment to Erin:
I have been wanting to specifically ask you what you think of GM and the layoffs. I like the paragraph about hegemony, I hadn't thought about it that way, as the upper class will universally determine what everyone else's voice is and what is said, because the other classes will assimilate into their class. The last section on high are vs. low art, I had not thought about how art developed from one class into another. Storey's example of Shakespeare was fascinating, because it ended up being horded by those in power, the cultural elite, and was no longer available to the "lower classes." My question is how does this happen in every culture? This is why I believe the church is called to not have a "class structure." Good analysis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home